AVL is the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains (hybrid, combustion engines, transmission, electric drive, batteries and software) for passenger cars, trucks and large engines.
Due to increased demand, we are looking for employees capable of blending in the development environment of large-scale distributed projects.
If you enjoy technical challenges and would like to join the dynamic community of 100+ developers and engineers, don’t hesitate to apply.
- Implementation of data analytics algorithms in R, Python, MATLAB or similar environments
- Applying statistical modeling and machine learning techniques
- Data storage layering in context of Hadoop (HDFS (Parquet, Avro, ORC), HBase, Hive, …)
- Design and Development of application and data integration components
- Design and Development of reusable components and application features
- Support various technical fields within AVL with data analytics which implies the ability and interest to extend knowledge beyond own field of expertise
- Responsibility for technical, methodological and quality aspect
- Mentoring junior team members
- Computer Science, mathematics, statistics, telematics, mechanical engineering or other technical backgrounds (MSc, MEng or PhD)
- Experience in machine learning
- Experience in programming language (R, Python, MATLAB) or in both .NET and Java multi-tier applications (multiple positions)
- Experience in asynchronous, distributed, resilient programming
- Automatic testing, unit testing, integration testing
- Fluent speaking and excellent writing skills in English
All the better if you have:
- Understanding of several elements of the following technologies: Application Integration (Integration Patterns), SOA/Micro service, REST/SOAP Services, Object Relational Mapping (e.g. Hibernate, Entity Framework), OData, MQTT.
- A working knowledge of vehicle architectures, communication and components
- Experience in other programming languages (e.g. C++, Scala)
- Experience in time-series analysis
- Interest to extend own core competences to a broad range of engineering application in the powertrain (like combustion engine, transmission, E-motor, Battery, Electronics, aso.)
If you are eager to work in an international environment, you appreciate a relaxed atmosphere and great compensation packages, and you want to broaden your knowledge while thriving on challenges, apply now!